Friday 1 July 2011

Spindlestone Farm update

Had an opportunity yesterday evening to do a little more to this one (the easel lamp arrived). I've made a start on the foreground, and put in the trees to the left of the farmhouse. I also managed to mess up some of the background trees I think, will need to try and rescue those...

Most of the bright looking colours in the near foreground will eventually be covered up, and I need to add some more trees in front of the farm buildings. So, I think I'd better stop writing about it and get on and paint!

Late evening update:  Got a fair bit of the middle ground detail done earlier this evening, added in more trees in front of the farm buildings, and most importantly managed to fix some of the earlier errors.  There are more in there to get rid of yet, but reasonable progress so far I think.

The later photograph was taken outside in natural evening light, whilst the previous one was from indoors, artificial light.  Remarkable how different the photos look!

2 comments:

  1. It is a lovely painting and I know what you mean about needing extra light for evening work, even at this time of year.

    Super blog and I am your first follower - cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rolina! Let's hope I have the discipline to keep things up to date...

    ReplyDelete